Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The last week and a half

Things have really been busy lately. I will try and catch everybody up.

We did Thanksgiving and Nancy and Jeremy's in Niceville. They were kind enough to let everyone come to there beautiful home on the bay. I have yet to figure out how Jeremy gets any work done. One with a new baby and then with the "horrible view" out his office window.

Sarah Katherine help Nana with the dressing. She really enjoys getting to help with the cooking. I hope it continues. Everyone says that they agree because they don't know what I will do if something happens to my mother. They all say Sarah Katherine will have to teach me to cook!!!


I have learned one very important lesson from Thanksgiving though...don't ever travel with food in your car without properly containing all of the food and having plenty of towels in your car. Mother made gravy for the dressing and we thought it was secure. Boy were we wrong. I had to slam on brakes and the gravy spilled. I had nothing to get it up with so I had to drive all the way to Niceville with gravy in the carpet. Once I got to Nancy I thought I cleaned it up. Needless to say I didn't. The smell in the car gets worse and worse everyday. Finally last Tuesday I took the car to clean the carpet thinking that I just didn't do a good job. And I knew Randy would have a fit over the smell. Wendall, the guy I took it to, found more gravy. It is like the stuff kept multipling. The gravy was all under the carpet. He cleaned it and we thought he had it all. No such luck. The smell kept getting worse and worse.

In the mean time we finally were able to get Randy home. We picked him up last Tuesday night. Needless to say we were very glad to see him. Now Sarah Katherine doesn't want much to do with me. She just wants her daddy.

Any way, back to the car...Randy has refused to ride in the car until something is done. And if he gets in the car he rides with the window down and his head hanging out the window like a dog. Randy called "The Professionals" to handle the cleaning of the carpet. They came and cleaned the carpet once again. This time they had to cut the carpet to make sure they got it all. Hopefully this will work and the smell will be gone. My advice...NEVER CARRY FOOD WITH ANY LIQUID ANY WHERE!!!!! It cost way too much!!!

1 comment:

The Wilson's said...

That is too funny about the gravy! I can just picture Randy with his head hanging out of the window! He always was so funny to me! Like the pecking chicken story, at the chinese restuarant. I don't think I will ever forget that one! I am glad he made it home safely.