Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Andalusia Christmas

Thursday night Randy and I went to the lighting of the Christmas Tree at the square. This was our second attempt at this event. Last year we missed it because Randy thought we needed to eat first.



We weren't quite prepared for the cold, though. Earlier in the day it was nice, but all of a sudden it was cold. We went with my parents and met Kiley, Dalton, Keaton and Mary Michael. Poor Paul was stuck at work.

There were several different groups there singing Christmas carols and that was very enjoyable. Santa and Ms. Claus were even there. Sarah Katherine wasn't quite sure of Santa. Thank goodness Dalton was with us. Otherwise, I don't think that she would have even gone to Santa. We finally got her on his lap, but I think that the main reason she did was for the candy.

Friday night we went to the Christmas parade. I couldn't believe how early people start staking out their spots. Randy was lucky enough to find a spot to park the truck so we could sit in the back of the truck. I think Sarah Katherine had a blast. Thanks to Covington Electric's float she was able to see Mickey and Minnie. I think she was more impressed with them that Santa. She still loved the horses and I think she liked the motorcycles.


Saturday we took Sarah Katherine to the Brunch with Santa that the Ballet Association sponsors. They had it at Dr. Butler's home. Vicki Popwell was there taking the children's pictures with Santa. I was a little nervous after Friday night. I didn't know if Sarah Katherine would go see him or not. I guess Vicki has a way with her. She walked up to Santa and jumped right in his lap. No bribing or anything. I can't wait to see those pictures. Vicki always does such a beautiful job.

We didn't stay for the activities or the food. We had just left the Pancake Breakfast. This is something that my dad and I have been doing for years. I would come home from college just to eat pancakes. Sarah Katherine enjoyed the breakfast being that pancakes is all she seems to want to eat for breakfast.

1 comment:

The Wilson's said...

My girls think hot chocolate is the best thing in the world too! S.k. look so cute all bundled up! I am glad ya'll made it in time this year and I can't wait to see the images that Vicki captured of her with Santa. Emily won't go anywhere near Santa and when people ask if Santa is coming to her house she quickly says NO!