Thursday, October 30, 2008

What was I thinking????

Tonight I decided to let Sarah Katherine participate in the Halloween on the Square. This was both of our first trip to this event. Last year we spent Halloween in Texas and the year before we were getting ready to go to the hospital to have her.

I told myself this morning that we were going to make sure that she had a good nap today. When I picked her up from Mother's Day Out I told her to take her nap and we would go Trick or Treating tonight. Surprisingly enough it worked, she went right to sleep. I thought that she got a good nap...2 hours at least. But I don't know now if it was enough.

When she woke up we went outside to get some pictures in front of our monster pumpkin. We got a few and then Kiley, Dalton and Keaton came over. We thought we would take the kids to Vicki Popwell's to get their pictures made in their costumes. We didn't quite make it though. I did get some really cute pictures with Dalton and Sarah Katherine.



We did finally make it to the square. Needless to say Sarah Katherine was none to appreciative of the head part to her costume. The only time she had it on was for Ms Vicki and Ninny. But at least they got it on. I guess maybe everything up there just overwhelmed her. She refused to ride in the stroller, wouldn't hold anybody hands, didn't want to be carried and certainly didn't want to have anything to do with me. She is becoming Little Miss Independent. We did manage to get a little bit of candy. She did figure out that if she opened her bag she would get some candy. I am a little afraid that now that she has discovered candy she may actually have a part of me in her....my sweet tooth.



Since most of the pictures that I was able to get don't show her costume...she was a cow. I figured that she would love that since she is so fascinated with them.

I do appreciate that Nana and Pa went with us tonight. But I do hope that if I am crazy enough to do this again next year Daddy is with us. We are a little sad at our house, we had to take Randy to the airport on Tuesday. Not sure when he is going to be coming home. They are towing the rig from Singapore to the Gulf of Mexico. He flew down to Cape Town South Africa and will be riding the rig to Trinidad. We talked to him just for few minutes last night. He was going to get to go around some today and tomorrow and see a little of the country. We do know that he won't be here for Thanksgiving. We are hoping for Christmas though. So please say a prayer for me. I am a single mom of a soon to be two year old.

3 comments:

Shonna said...

I can sympathize with you girl and it can be very hard!!! Caroline's "terrible two" phase comes in stages though...just a day or two at the time and then she will be herself or a while!

We went to the square Caroline's first Halloween (she was not even 2 monhs old) and decided it was WAY too crazy for us! Myabe next year ya'll can join us at Hopewell.

The Wilson's said...

I love her costume, she is a very cute cow! Yes, I can imagine it is very overwhelming taking care of her by yourself. We will keep you in our prayers and pray for Randy's safe return.

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

She's the cutest cow we know! I've heard Halloween on the square is crazy but I"m sure she had fun. Ronnie looks so so happy in the pictures with her! I know you were sad to see Randy go especially since there is no definite end date. He will be fine and you will be a stronger mom and couple when he returns. I can't believe Sarah Katherine is two- this Christmas is going to be so fun;)