Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Parties

It is so hard to believe that my baby is about to be two!! Since there was so much uncertainty about Randy's schedule and when he would go back to work we planned Sarah Katherine's birthday party for this weekend. We orginally planned it for Sunday, but Randy got worried that he maybe gone so we moved it to Saturday.

Since we had to move it, Patricia, Jimmy, Jill, Steven, Peyton and Lane were not going to be able to come. So Patricia decided to do a little party for Sarah Katherine at her house. We all went over Wednesday night before the fair. Patricia had her a pumpkin cake. Sarah Katherine enjoyed the icing off the cake. She also got to get her presents. She knew just what to do with them. These where the first presents that she has opened. Last year she wasn't sure what to do. Patricia and Jimmy gave her six pair of pricness shoes. She had to model each pair before she would open the next present. Jill, Steven and the kids gave her a cow, horses and an outfit.



She had a ball that night. It was so great of Patricia to do this for us.

Saturday we got to have another party. Nancy, Jeremy and Jack were able to come and Sarah Katherine loved being able to hold little Jack finally. She wanted to hold him in the hospital but she was just too small. She got to play with Dalton and he helped her with her presents. She was very excited over Elmo and her kitchen stuff. Hopefully my daughter is not going to take after me. Right now she enjoys playing with her pots and pans and helping people cook. I am hoping that this will continue. Since we moved the party, Jerry got to come with Mary and Laura. I wish Laura was here all the time. I might could get more done if she was. SuSu gave Sarah Katherine a round jumpy thing that she loves. We didn't think that we would ever get it aired up enough but we did. Now we just have to figure out where we are going to keep it. Thank goodness Sarah Katherine got lots of book too. We were starting to get tired of the ones we have. Just this week she has really gotten into reading. Before we would read at least a couple of times a day. Now it is hours on end. Loy and Kiley made sure we would have new reading material. I am ever so greatful.

6 comments:

Shonna said...

What a fun party...two is soooo much fun!!! Happy Birthday Sarah Katherine!

I love your house...it is basically the same idea we are going to do to our house! Who did you remodel/addition?

The Reese's said...

Wyatt Sasser. He is wonderful. Call me and I can show you what he did.

Shonna said...

For sure...I have heard LOTS of good things about him!

The Wilson's said...

Tell Sarah Katherine Happy Birthday!!! Maybe one day we can move closer and celebrate things together, that would be so much fun! I didn't get to see the pictures on this post, like mine do often times, for some reason they didn't show up.

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

We enjoyed the party and the pictures are so cute. Where is the picture with the costume? I am surprised she enjoyed the fair so much but that is great. She did look worn out:) Thanks again for setting up the pack and play for us and maybe we can hang out longer next time when we've had more sleep! Sarah Katherine was so cute putting her finger on her lips when Jack was sleeping and I'm glad she got to hold him.

The Wilson's said...

Jennifer,
If I remember correctly your birthday and your happy day are coming up, right? I just thought about it and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, and a Happy Happy day!
I am sure someone is going to think I am crazy if they don't know what your happy day is. Oh well, won't be the first time I have been called that.