Monday, November 24, 2008

Sorry, it been a while...

I know that it has been awhile since I last posted anything. I thought that it would be easy to maintain the blog while Randy was gone. I guess if I wasn't trying to decorate for Christmas I might would have time. I promised Randy that I would get all of our decorations done before he got home. Well, I am almost there. Just a few things left inside and then all of the outside stuff. My instructions were to place everything outside and then when Randy got home he would plug up everything, because he has a "system." Heaven for bid that we mess up an electrician's electrical plans. In order to get the decorations up I had to make a deal with my dad to help get all my stuff out of the attic. He made me promise to decorate their house. I don't know why he asked, I always put up their decorations.

I have spent the last several days putting up my parents stuff and thank goodness we are almost finished. If I hadn't gotten this terrible cold I would be finished by now. Saturday, Mother, Susan, Sarah Katherine and I went shopping down in Destin. My throat hurt most of the day but was tolerable. Sunday was another story. I felt so bad I actually took a nap, something I haven't done in forever. Any way I think mother felt sorry for me and offered to let Sarah Katherine spend the night with them. I hated to do it but it gave me the opportunity to get a good night sleep. With Randy gone there is no such thing...I have a bed buddy that thinks she owns the bed. This was the first time that Sarah Katherine spent the night away with me in the same town. It felt very strange not having our nightly ritual. But the sleep was good. I feel better today.

Anyway...I will try and do better about posting. Randy will hopefully be home this time next week. I think the being on a rig with no idea when you will be coming home has been a bit stressful. He seems to be a bit on edge. I think that they have just passed over the equator just off the eastern cost of South America. We can't wait to have him home.

2 comments:

The Wilson's said...

I am sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well either. I hope it skips S.K.,and moves on. I love your new pic on the title, it is precious! We are so not ready to decorate for christmas yet! I feel like I am drowning in things to do, and don't know where to start. I have things I actually want to do(like make the girls a christmas dress) and if I could stop thinking about the other stuff, maybe I could accomplish something!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Shonna said...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather...it is really hard when "Daddy" is gone and that always seems to be when sickness hits!!! It sounds like you deserved a little break after all the decorating you have been doing - sick or not!

Love the new picture of Sarah Katherine and I hope that y'all have a great Thanksgiving!